Here is the list of top 15 tourist place in india to visit in this holiday with friends family or with your love ones. Its so hard to write a post on Best tourist place in india because here are epic Tourist places in India that are worth seeing but there are also some smaller towns
that i loved to go and had amazing experiences
List of Best 15 tourist place of india
Kerala was historically name as keralam which is located in south india on malabar coast. Kerala is also known as” God’s own country”. kerala have literacy rate of 94%. Kerala is especially famous for its ecotourism initiatives and beautiful back waters.
kerala have its unique culture and traditions, combined with its varied demography, and have made Kerala one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
Official language: malayalam
Other language: English
Attraction of kerala
- Theyyam (cultural dance), Kalaripayattu(mother of all martial arts), Alappuzha beach, marari beach,sri krishna temple in ambalapulimala, pothamedu view point, Attukal waterfalls, cheeyappara waterfalls, mattupetty dam, Tata tea museum, Kathakali (best dance forms), House boat
Best time to visit: From january to march and from August to december
How to reach
- By train: There are 16 railway junction in kerala so tourist can visit kerala directly by trains.
- By flight: kerala has 3 main airport located at kochi, kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram
- By road: Roads of kerala are in much improved condition than other state in india. National highway no 47, national highway 17 and national highway 49 an expanded system of metalled roads connect kerala to the rest of the country
sri nagar which is also known as “heaven on earth”. Srinagar is the largest city and the summer capital of indian state jammu and Kashmir and it lies in srinagar district. The city is known for its natural beauty, gardens and houseboats. Srinagar is dotted with lakes and beautiful gardens.
With the sun kissed peaks of the mountains in the backdrop and the peaceful waters of the lakes, Srinagar is a paradise on the planet.
Official language: urdu
other language: kashmiri, hindi, english
Attractions of kashmir
- vaishnodevi temple ,Raghunath temple , dal lake,tulip garden, shalimar garden, gondola ride ,bagh e bahu aquarium,hazratbal shrine,tso moriri,shanti stupa
Best time to visit : Best time to visit sri nagar is from april to october
How to reach
- By train : sri nagar railway station is under construction so passenger can take train to Jammu Tawi (Udhampur railway station) The stations are well connected with different cities of India. From thhe stations you can hire taxis to reach sri nagar.
- By flight : sri nagar has its own airport known as “Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport”
- By Road : Unless you are traveling from a city of Jammu and Kashmir, road is not a preferred way to reach Srinagar
Our other posts
Official language : kannad
other language: english, hindi
Attraction in coorg
- Iruppu falls,talakaveri wildlife sanctuary,Abbi falls,madikeri fort,dubare elephant camp, coorg cuisine,bylakuppe,omkareshwara temple,Tadiandamol peak
Things to do in coorg
- Bath elephant at the dubare elephant camp
- test the best pure and fresh coffee of india
- Take a walk in coffee plantation
- book a camp under the star and relax
- enjoy rafting in barapole river
- live the coorgi lifestyle at a home stay
Best time to visit : october to march
How to reach
- By train : coorg does not have train facilities so you have to take train upto mysore junction which is nearest to coorg (107km from coorg)
- By flight : The nearest domestic is in mangalore (156 km away),and the other nearest airport is kempegowda internationalairport bangalore (272 km away)
- By road : The 272 km long road trip from bangalore (takes 5 to 6 hour to reach coorg)
Jaisalmer which is also known as “The Golden City” which is located in Rajasthan state in jaisalmer district. Jaisalmer is famous for its rich heritage and cultural and havelis are major part of it. it is the ethnic heart of the nomadic desert culture and besides the sand dunes, its famous for its jain temples and the sprawling jaisalmer fort
Official language: Hindi and rajasthani
Attraction of Jaisalmer :
- Jaisalmer fort, camel safari, jain temple, Bada Bagh, Gadi sagar lake, Rooftop cafe, Sam Sand Dunes, Gadisisar Lake, Patwon ki haveli, Indo-Pak border, salim singh ki haveli, Nathmalki
Best time to visit: from November to march
- By train: Jaisalmer has its own railway station which is indeed connected widely across North india cities like jaipur Delhi
- By flight: Jodhpur Airport is the nearest airport from jaisalmer. many cities like mumbai delhi are directly connected to this Airport
- By road: tourist can easily reach jaisalmer by buses or cabs.
5. Leh – ladakh
Ladakh. Leh LAdakh is mainly famous among the bikers paradise its the dream trip for all the bikers.
it is the one of the most popular Tourist places in india and its maily famous for its picturization beauty,unique culture, Buddhist monasteries and exciting adventure spots. leh ladakh administrative capital, is also a tourist heaven with its beautiful surroundings and monasteries, in addition to the wonderful trekking routes.
official language: urdu
- pangong lake, leh palace , magnetic hills, Zanskar valleyPhugtal monastery, shanti stupa ladakh,khardung la, rafting in ladakh,Nubra valley, Namgyal Tsemo monastery, spituk monastery, stokpalace,tso kar, likir monastery, trekking in ladakh, hemis monastery, hemis high altitude wildlifesanctuary,mountain biking in ladakh, lamayuru town
Best time to visit: June is one of the best time of the year to visit leh by bike or road. If you want to enjoy the snowy roads and mountain in the route than it is the best time to go for a holiday in Leh ladakh
How to reach
By road : There are two Road or highway to reach leh ladakh One is Manali to Leh highway and second is Srinagar to Leh Highway. The first approach is Srinagar to Leh Highway is mostly open between July and November and this route covers a distance of 440 km. The second approach is Manali to Leh Highway which is mostly opens from mid-June to early-October and cover around 480 km.
known as the hub of it and the centre of hightech industry. The city is mainly famous for its Night life,parks climate. The local language of bangalore is kannad.
Most people settle here for their startup. The temperature in Bangalore is generally cool because of its elevation of 1000 m above sea level.The temperature does not fluctuate a lot in the year as it is located below the tropic of cancer. Since it is not so near to the sea, its not very.
Official language: kannada
other language: English, Hindi
Attractions of Bangalore:
- Bangalore palace, cubbon park, MG Road Bangalore, Lal bagh, UB city mall, Bannerghatta Nationalpark,wonderla water park, ulsoor lake, ISKCON Temple , commercial street, Nandi Hills, sholay hill,Bull Temple, Jawaharlal Nehru planetarium,Go-karting bangalore, chunchi falls, shiva templeBangalore, Lumbini gardens
How to reach
By train : Bangalore have its own railway station (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna railway station)which is connected to every part of the country
By flight : Kempegowda International Airport is the main airport of the city which have both international and domestic flight
like Goa, Mangalore, Coorg and Ooty. The distance from Mangalore to Bangalore by
road is about 352kms whereas from Madikeri it is about 245kms. From Goa to
Bangalore if you want to drive then the distance is approximately 600kms in route
National Highway. if you Drive from Ooty to Bangalore then it is approximately 270 kms in route
Mysore. Thus Bangalore is having a good network of highways that connects the city with other cities in India.
Assam which lies in the Northeast india. The capital of india is Dispur Assam is mainly famous for one horned Rhinoceros and its also famous for Assam tea and assam silk. Assam is full of Brahmaputra river, or thick jungles with the most bizarre wildlife,
Assamis the most charming state in North East India . Assam is known for its handloom industry. And almost every Assamese household in village possesses a machine. which is called as weaving machine
other language: bengali, bodo
- Kaziranga National park, manas national park, majuli island, nameri nationalpark, Tocklai tea research centre, hoollongapar Gibbon wildlife sanctuary, kakochang waterfalls,haflong lake, haflong hills, panimoor falls
Way to visit Assam
- By train : there are more than 100 railway station which is directly linked with other city of country
- By flight: Assam has only one major airport ” Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport” located in Guwahati. This is the only International airport in the region and it is well connected with all major cities in India like New Delhi, Bangalore, Imphal etc
official language: Hindi
other language: sanskrit, english
Attractions of shimla:
- Jakhoo hill, summer hill, kufri, chail, The shimla state museum, Indian institute of advanced studies, Annandale, The Scandal point, Naldehra and shaily peak, chadwick falls, mall Road,johnnie wax museum, christ church
- By train : simla have only one small railway station which is one kilometre away from the centre of the town and is connected to Kalka by a narrow gauge rail track. The famous toy train of Shimla goes between Kalka and Shimla, covering a distance of 95 kilometres in about 6 to 7 hours. Kalka is the nearest railway station ,which is connected to Chandigarh and Delhi by regular trains. You can also take the Kalka Shatabdi, which goes through New Delhi Railway Station to Kalka Railway Station by Chandigarh.
- By flight : Jubarhati is the nearest airport from the town, there is regular flight going on from jubarhati to Chandigarh and delhi
- By Road: there are many bus services including Himachal road transport corporation as well as other bus services that connect with other major north cities like Delhi, mumbai etc
Goa which is also known as party hub or a tourist paradise. The state of Goa is situated on the western coast of India in the coastal belt which is known as Konkan. Goa is mainly famous for its beautiful beaches
Attraction of Goa: panjim city, Baga beach, Aguada fort, colva beach, vagator each, shri mangueshi
namely vasco Da Gama and madgaon. These two railway station is linked with different cities of india
By Flight : Dabolim Airport is a solo airport in Goa which have both national and international Terminal
Mcleodganj which lies in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh state.it is also known as “little lhasa”because of its large population of tibetans. mcleodganj have famous hill station and a favorite holiday destination for many and it is home to the 14th Dalai Lama after his exile, and a spiritual hub.
It is one of the Best tourist place in india, this place is not just famous for the sights and culture that you can enjoy here.Mcleodganj is known for its monasteries, museums, temples, waterfalls, lakes, and Tibetan settlements
- bhagsu falls, church of St. johns in the wilderness, minkiani pass, Dhauladharranges, kareri lake, kangra fort, Naam Art gallery, Namgyal Monastery, Tsuglagkhang Complex,Bhagsunag Temple, Tibetan Museum, Baglamukhi Temple, Bajreshwari Temple, Kangra Art museum,kaleshwar Mahadev Temple, Illiterati Books & Cafe
Other language : english
Attractions in Delhi:
- The Red fort , Qutub minar, Gurudwara Bangla sahib, The Lotus Temple,Akshardham, Jama masjid, humayun Tomb, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Gandhi Smriti and Mahatma Gandhimemorial, The Jantar Mantar observatory, The Indra Gandhi memorial Museum, The National Museum,National Zoological park, The National craft museum, The National Rail museum.
How to reach
Jim corbett National park is the oldest National park in india which is located in Naini district of
Uttarakhand which is mainly famous for jeep safari, Treks, Waking safari, kalagarh dam and for its fauna like tigers, elephants, deers, sambar, kakaror barking deer, leopard and many more.
Official language: hindi
other language: “Kumaoni” is the language which is mainly spoken by the local resident
Attraction in jim corbett :
- jungle safari, Elephant ride, corbett waterfall, River rafting, Garjia temple, corbett museum, Dhikala, Birjani, jhirna, kosi river, Angling (fishing in corbett), Durga mandir temple, sitabani temple, Gyan yatra, Durga Devi zone
Best time to visit: mid of october to mid of june
How to Reach
By Train: Ramnagar is the nearest railway station to jim corbett national park from where direct train runs from delhi.
By Flight: Patanagar Airport is the nearest airport to jim corbett, New delhi is the nearest international airport which is connected to different cities across the globe.
By Road: There are daily buses from Delhi, haridwar etc
Mumbai which is also known as “city of Dreams” which is located at maharashtra state. Bollywood, nightlife, museums, high-end shopping malls, mumbai has its all.mumbai is dream for all the people, its also known as mayanagri.
Official language: marathi
other language: hindi, english
Attraction of Mumbai
- Gateway of india, Taj hotel, marine drive, colaba causeway, juhu beach, haji ali dargah, elephanta caves, girgaum chowpatty, chhatrapati shivaji maharaj terminus, prince of wales museum, Essel world, siddhivinayak temple, elephanta caves, girgaum chowpatty, bandra worli sea link
By flight: chhatrapati shivaji international airport is the main airport of the city which lies 30km north to the city and it connect both national and international destination
By Road: There are many regular buses from the other city to mumbai
varanashi which is also known as “City of Temple”is located in the uttar pradesh state. varanashi is mainly famous for number of temples,for its muslin and silk fabrics, perfumes and sclupture.it is also known for the kingdom of kashi. this city is full of temple, holy places,every year many number of people visit to bath in Ganga river. varanasi ghat is one of the oldest and holiest ghat where famous ganga aarti takes place every evening
official language: Hindi
other languag: Bhojpuri and urdu, sanskrit
Attraction in varanashi
- Assi Ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Shivala Ghat, Ahiyabal Ghat, Rana Mahal Ghat, The Banaras silk Emporium, Godowlia Market, Open hand shop and cafe, lotous lounge,brown bread bakery, man mandir observatory, Bharat kala bhavan museum
Hyderabad which is also known as ” city of pearls” and the capital of southern india telangana state. hyderabad is famous for its ancient churches, remarkable for its architecture, size and its royal splendour and for its symmetry and the gateway bricks. charminar is hyderabad most famous attraction for laad bazar, chowmahalla palace, taste hyderabadi famous dishes at pista house
Official language: Telgu
other language : urdu, english and hindi
Best time to visit: october to february
How to visit
By train: Hyderabad railway station ( hyderabad deccan railway station) is connected to other major city of india
By flight: Rajiv Gandhi international airport is the main airport of the city which connect both national and international destination
By Road: hyderabad as being capital city of telangana state is well connected by road from major cities in telangana, karnatka, tamilnadu, maharastra and many more other